Tuesday, August 07, 2012

A Wicked Weekend

I was super excited this last weekend because I finally got to go to Wicked at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake. It was incredible!

 It was also great to have my parents with me. This was their first "Wicked" experience, and it was fun to spend the day with them. This has always been one of my favorite plays, so I was excited when I heard it was coming back to SLC. Turns out that because of copyright laws and the Wicked folks, we are not supposed to take pictures inside the theater. Period. Doesn't matter if it's just of you, and not of the stage. They don't allow pictures. At all. I know this because the ushers had to tell me multiple times. For some reason I kept thinking I was sneaky enough to get away with it. I blame it on Dad. He kept trying to convince me to be more stealthy about it. My Dad even took a picture, and totally got away with it. But as soon as I tried....Bam....the usher would be there. How is that fair?? :) So Dad took this one of me and Eliz. Nice job Dad!


 Before the play started, we took a little walk around City Creek. Fun times. It is amazing what the Church has done to that area. It is a great addition to downtown. We didn't spend a lot of time up there because we wanted to head straight home to spend time with Julie and Kellie while they were in town. But I'm glad we went. We had a great time!!

Although, after seeing the play, I'm starting to envy Glinda. How fun would it be to travel by bubble!


No comments: